Job Code and Payroll Title
009249 PHARMACIST PD Job Summary
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services provide a full range of services for patients cared for by the Medical Center at UCSF as well as its providers and payors. These services include, but are not limited to: drug procurement, storage, and security; safe, accurate and timely preparation and distribution of drugs; clinical pharmacy services for patients; development of drug use policies within the Medical Center; drug information services for clinicians and patients; and participation in technology assessment and quality assurance programs. The Department encompasses with the UCSF Department of Clinical Pharmacy, an academic unit within the School of Pharmacy, which has primary responsibility for teaching professional courses in the Pharm.D. curriculum, research, and public service, as well as the Drug Product Services Laboratory (DPSL), another unit within the School of Pharmacy which provides Home Therapy Services. The Department of Clinical Pharmacy, DPSL, and Department of Pharmaceutical Services share its philosophy of pharmaceutical care.
Under the Department of Pharmaceutical Services, Inpatient Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical care to patients at Moffitt and Long Hospitals, Parnassus Ambulatory Care Clinics, Mount Zion Urgent Care, MZ Comprehensive Cancer Center, and specialized services to researchers on campus. The Per Diem Pharmacist perform a wide range of pharmaceutical care functions to assure that drugs prescribed for and used by patients are safe and effective. These include, for example, obtaining therapeutic histories, reviewing and assessing medication profiles, providing drug information to patients and health care providers, consulting with prescribers and recommending drugs of choice, counseling patients in the proper use of medications and ensuring that patients understand cautions, adverse reactions, and interactions related to their therapy. Organization
Staff Pharmacist, Per DiemEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX) Job Category
Allied Health, PharmacyRequired Qualifications
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- Maintain exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with patients, pharmacists and other healthcare personnel and administrators.
- Flexible; able to cope with rapid change; comfortable with an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain effective organizational, management and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and evaluate programs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively participate in and develop a team.
- Demonstrated clinical pharmacy skills and knowledge.
- Experience in a hospital setting, may include one-year residency in hospital or clinical pharmacy practice and/or one year supervisory, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pharm.D. degree
- Experience in a medical center/hospital setting
- Experience in sterile compounding of hazardous and non-hazardous drugs
- Active license to practice Pharmacy in the State of California; must be in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
Per DiemDepartment Name
Pharmacy Resource NetworkEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services at UCSF has long been nationally recognized as one of the founding fathers for clinical pharmacy services, which was established in 1965. Today, the department continues to lead the profession through the integration of advanced technology & robotics, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and clinical services.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Various Work Sites