Preventative Maintenance HVAC Technician Tracking Code819-280Job Description
Identifies, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains residential and some commercial gas/electric heating, DX cooling and dehumidification systems. Manages most preventative maintenance on HVAC systems. Must understand plumbing principles as they relate to trapping and condensate drains.
- Troubleshoots/repairs all HVAC equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots/repairs electrical systems, compressors, contactors, capacitors, etc. Three phase knowledge is a plus.
- Observes and adheres to all trade and refrigeration specific safety practices.
- Manages the college’s scheduled preventative maintenance needs for all systems and performs that work in timely and professional manner.
- Repairs or replaces motor and shaft bearings on air handling equipment.
- Practices safe handling of pressurized gases such as but not limited to acetylene, oxygen, nitrogen.
- Recovers and reclaims refrigerants.
- Works with VFD and actuators.
- Must be able to be on-call in rotation with the team.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
High-school graduate or equivalent required. 2 years formal vocational training in HVAC and related field experience. Must be able to perform physically challenging duties associated with field work and have excellent follow-through. EPA refrigeration certification required. Excellent attendance is required. Valid Florida Driver’s License required. Working skills in basic carpentry, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing a plus. Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies or natural disasters affecting the College of Law.
Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Job LocationGulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular