Compensation:$14.35Openings:3PeopleSoft ID:10916Department:Enrollment ServicesLocation:EpiCenterPosition Summary:
Typical Essential Duties:
- Proactively contact and follow up with students in the inquiry to application and application to enrollee funnel by phone and email to guide students through the onboarding process;
- Continued and multiple student contacts including setting appointments with students to ensure they are progressing through the inquiry to application and application to enrollment funnel;
- Strong collaboration and coordination with departments across the college including but not limited to Admission and Records, Recruiting, Financial Aid, Business Office, Testing, Advising, and academic departments;
- Responsible for meeting enrollment goals set by college leadership;
- Assist students in different modalities including but not limited to phone, email, virtual platform and face-to-face;
- Identifies and anticipates issues of efficiency and accuracy in the enrollment process and develops possible solutions;
- Works independently with minimum supervision, gaining the necessary knowledge of St. Petersburg College and technologies utilized by the school;
- Attend team meetings, trainings, and provides regular reports to the supervisor;
This class is the second of three levels in the Student Support series. Incumbents provide organizational information and services to students and prospective students in single areas or across a number of disciplines that may include admissions, financial aid, academic advising, career services, international students, and disability services. This level is differentiated from the previous level by the level of knowledge and responsibility within a single student support function or the breadth of responsibilities across student support functions. Responsibilities may include providing information on academic requirements and processes, financial aid, and registration processes; reviewing documentation for alignment with College requirements; determining eligibility for admittance; monitoring student progress; providing academic guidance; and performing the duties of the lower level.
Two (2) years related experience.
- Applicable academic programs, financial aid, extracurricular programs, and/or related services;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Academic counseling principles;
- Customer service principles;
- Academic program requirements;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Advising students on academic issues;
- Providing program support;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Preparing and maintaining records;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Counsels and advises incoming and returning students on academic programs and progress, financial aid, internships, careers, study abroad programs, and/or other related programs.
Performs a variety of counseling support duties which includes conducting placement tests, responding to student and/or parent inquiries, advising students on coursework, and providing prospective student support.
Prepares, reviews, and submits a variety of operational and student records, reports, forms, regulatory information, and related documents.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.