Job Number: 501639About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Conflict Resolution Studies Admin
Categories: Faculty - Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Education
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Sociology - 999068Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. The establishment of academic standards to be met by the students.
2. The establishment of curricula and the approval of all courses of instruction.
3. The setting of requirements for all degrees to be conferred.
4. The certification of students who have completed requirements for degrees and the recommendation of such students to the Board of Trustees.
5. The establishment of general standards to be met by the educational and research programs conducted within the College.
6. Evaluating students fairly on the basis of academic performance.
7. Encouraging free and open discussion, inquiry, and expression by students.
8. Providing competent instruction and advisement.
9. Treating information about students' beliefs, academic records, political attitudes, and personal lives as confidential information.
10. When engaging in professional activities inside or outside the University, to refrain from any activities which would constitute academic misconduct, a conflict of interest, or the appearance of a breach of professional ethics.
Specific Teaching Responsibilities:
1. Instruction in doctoral, master's, and undergraduate courses.
2. Curriculum oversight.
3. Participation in faculty meetings and on College and University committees.
4. Timely submission of syllabi to academic administrators.
Specific Professional Responsibilities:
1. Publications in refereed journals.
2. Authorship of books, texts, book chapters, etc.
3. Publication of other relevant writing.
4. Principal investigator on contracts and/or grants or serving as a consultant.
5. Editor or associate/consulting editor of a journal.
6. Reviewer for a journal.
7. Juried presentations at professional meetings or public forums.
8. Office in a county, state, or national professional association.
9. Departmental, College, and University service.
10. Community service.
Specific Responsibilities by Faculty Rank:
Teachers and scholars who competently provide classroom instruction and who are laying the groundwork for professional contributions. Assistant Professors develop publications, research, and teaching which begin to demonstrate significant commitment to the University in which they serve, to the students they teach, and the local and national communities in which they live. Assistant Professors participate in hiring and promotion of assistant professors, and other faculty when requested by the Dean. They also contribute suggestions for curriculum evaluation and revision.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Doctoral degree must be earned and conferred by date of hire.
2. Research designs and methods.Preferred Qualifications:
Skilled in one or more of the following areas: Sociology, Anthropology, Quantitative Methods, Environmental Sociology, Online and Blended Delivery Formats, and Grant Development.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 15, 2022 Eastern Standard Time