Job Number: 501640About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: USD Middle Gr 6-8
Categories: Teaching - JK - 12
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Teacher - Math (Gr 6 - 8) - 995175Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experience.Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
This position is contingent on the availability and continuation of external-funding and/or contract. As such, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment ended in the event the external funding and/or contract ceases or is reduced.
1. Provides daily subject matter instruction to meet group and individualized student needs as assigned by the Director.
2. Record and maintain school, classroom, and students' information such as attendance, student files, referral information, progress reports, lesson plans, curriculum development, etc.
3. Attend and participate in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities, and school related evening and weekend programs.
4. Be responsible for the arrangement and storage of materials, equipment, and supplies. Observe, report, and take immediate action to ensure the prevention and elimination of safety hazards throughout the building and grounds. Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans in a manner that is responsive to school's philosophy; and in team or grade level planning.
5. Establish and maintain a positive learning environment that reflects the schools philosophy.
6. Refer students, when necessary, following school procedures.
7. Communicate with parents and professional staff on a regular basis.
8. Be responsible for following curriculum guidelines to include remediating, developing, and enriching computer based learning experiences.
9. Integrate technology into the teaching-learning process.
10. Maintain proper discipline and assist students in developing self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
11. Establish a humanistic, systematic classroom code of conduct.
12. Participate in arrival/dismissal, playground, and lunchroom supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Director.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Arrange all field trips and resource visitors for their grade level with Director of Student Services.
2. Assist the administrative staff in gathering and compiling information for special reports and curriculum revisions.
3. Sponsor at least one extra-curricular activity for students, including special interest groups, clubs, organizations, class sponsorship, etc., as assigned by the Director.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required):
In field or 12 credits in fieldRequired Experience: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Valid State of Florida Certification Certificate.
2. Master's Degree.
3. One (1) year of successful experience in teaching.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 15, 2022 Eastern Standard Time