Job Number: 501674About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Internal Medicine
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Data Analyst II - 991844Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experience Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in carrying out grant objectives.
2. Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
3. Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
4. Modifies existing databases and database management systems or directs programmers and analysts to make changes.
5. Revises definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
6. Tests programs or databases, corrects errors, and makes necessary modifications.
7. Helps programmers and systems analysts test and debug new programs.
8. Uses the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as improving processes, automating workflows, or optimizing facility scheduling.
9. Operates spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
10. Retrieves, separates and sorts program output as needed, and sends data to specified users.
11. Develops and implements processes and reports to audit data quality, ensure accuracy, and increase productivity.
12. Generates reports to audit data quality, ensure accuracy, and increase productivity.
13. Locates and corrects data entry errors, or reports them to supervisors.
14. Maintains data integrity and confidentiality.
15. Develops an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied to determine whether methods and results are appropriate.
16. Plans data collection methods for specific projects and determines the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
17. Evaluates sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
18. Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
19. Checks source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
20. Codes data prior to computer entry, using lists of codes.
21. Prepares data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
22. Enters data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
23. Selects statistical tests for analyzing data.
24. Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
25. Compiles reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
26. Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
27. Identifies relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
28. Reports results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
29. Files data and related information and maintains and updates databases.
30. Examines theories, such as those of probability and inference, to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data.
31. Participates in the publication of data or information.
32. Completes special projects as assigned.
33. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Mathematics - General knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
3. Computers and Electronics - Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
1. Mathematics - Proficient skills in using mathematics to solve problems.
2. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
3. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
5. Active Learning - Basic skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
6. Complex Problem Solving - Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
7. Judgment and Decision Making - Basic skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
8. Science - Basic skills using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
9. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
10. Programming - Basic skills in writing computer programs for various purposes.
11. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
1. Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
2. Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
3. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
4. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
5. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
6. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required):
Mathematics, Statistics, or related fieldRequired Experience:
Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working with federal grants.Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Mathematics, statistics, or related field and no experience.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 17, 2022 Eastern Standard Time