Job Number: 501665About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Dental Hygienist - 993120Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides dental hygiene services to ensure patients maintain and improve oral health.
2. Maintains workspace according to OSHA and state regulations to ensure compliance to federal and state regulations.
3. Performs documentation and office management activities such as making appointments, enters patient’s data in the system to ensure accuracy of electronic dental records.
4. Provides effective plaque control instruction to patients to ensure patients plaque scores improvement.
5. Provides effective preventive maintenance therapy to help maintain periodontal health to ensure patients are free of plaque and calculus above and below the gum line.
6. Screens patients to assess oral health conditions, reviews patient’s medical history, performs oral cancer screening, dental charting, takes blood pressure and pulse to ensure accurate.
7. Takes and processes dental radiographs to ensure proper study of the patient's teeth.
8. Completes other projects as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or required. Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Oral Hygiene Care – Thorough knowledge of periodontal disease assessment and treatment; dental radiographs.
2. Knowledge of state and OSHA rules and regulations regarding sterilization procedures, infection control, x-rays, and the workplace.
3. Advanced knowledge of the principles of clinical dental hygiene.
4. General knowledge of medications related to dentistry.
5. Familiarity with dental anatomy and pathology to the extent of being able to recognize simple types of oral conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Wear masks, safety glasses, and rubber gloves to protect themselves and clients from diseases.
2. Exposed to dental materials or chemicals used in dental operatories or laboratories including, but not limited to latex, acrylic,
3. May be exposed to diseases and infections.
4. May be exposed to radiation, such as when x-raying clients' teeth.
5. May be exposed to contaminants.
6. Often exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels.
7. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
8. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
9. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
10. May be required to work nights or weekends or during university closures.
11. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
12. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited computer keyboards, and sharp instruments. Job Requirements:
Meet minimum requirements:
(Listed under these titles)
** Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
** Required Education
** Required ExperienceRequired Certifications/Licensures:
Active Florida RDH LicenseRequired Education:
Technical/Specialized RDHMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Graduate from a two (2) years certified dental hygiene program with the degree of RDH.
2. Minimum five (5) years of experience in the field.
2. Must have active Florida RDH License.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with electronic health record systems.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 16, 2022 Eastern Standard Time