PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (PER DIEM, ROTATING/VARIABLE SHIFTS) Req #:203032Department:UW MEDICAL CENTER - NORTHWEST - PHARMACYJob Location: UW Medical Center - Northwest Posting Date:05/05/2022 Closing Info:Open Until Filled Salary:$21.89 - $34.29 per hour Union Position:YesShift:Alternate Work Shift A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
At UW Medical Center – Northwest
(formerly Northwest Hospital & Medical Center), we’re proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are: The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award; The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award; The Stroke Care Excellence Award; Winner of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row. We’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medical Center – Northwest is a full-service medical center based in North Seattle. We are a non-profit community hospital offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 2,000 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus, just north of Seattle.
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. UW Medical Center – Northwest
has an outstanding opportunity for a PER DIEM PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Rotating/Variable Shifts)
. We are looking for a detail-focused, caring, and thoughtful individual to provide excellent care to our patients. The Pharmacy Technician performs a variety of pharmaceutical tasks under the general supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist. Our technicians independently perform a variety of technical pharmaceutical functions such as medication packaging and dispensing, filling medication orders, and preparing compounded sterile products.RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurate and timely medication procurement, preparation and dispensing
• Restock drug storage areas and refill automated drug dispensing devices in all hospital areas
• Packaging of medications into single unit doses and preparation of patient-specific doses as needed
• Handle and prepare non-sterile compounding products and oral hazardous drugs
• Promote appropriate, safe, and effective medication use
• Serve as a resource to nursing, Pharmacy and medical staff for policies and procedures
• Triage incoming phone calls and clinical inquiries requiring a pharmacist’s professional judgement within the Pharmacy Department
• Inspect and assist nursing units to maintain compliance with specified medication standards
• Ensure secure and effective storage and dispensing of medications and follow specified procedures related to controlled substances and maintenance of required documentation
• Actively participate in programs to assure continuous quality improvement and medication safety initiatives
• Education and preceptorship, including but not limited to training and mentorship of new pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns, pharmacy students, and externs
• Engage in IV admixture and other parenteral and sterile preparations
• Collection of accurate patient home medications lists
• Adhere to UWMC Pharmacy Services and UW Medical Center policies and procedures.
• Complete additional responsibilities/projects as assignedDESIRED:
• Pharmacy Technician Board Certification
• Prior hospital experienceREQUIREMENTS:Completion of an accredited/approved pharmacy technician training program.LEGAL REQUIREMENT:
State of Washington Pharmacy Technician certification.CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
UW Medicine is committed to being a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or [email protected].
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.