Job no: 510854
Work type: Staff
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing [email protected].
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
This is a one-year probationary position.
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$4,450 to $4,600 per month ($53,400 to $55,200 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under general supervision, the Gift Processor processes donations to the University, including cash, check, and credit card transactions. This position reports directly to the Gift Records Manager. He/she posts gifts to AWA donor database and processes gift receipts and acknowledgement letters, as required. Retain ownership of the gift acknowledgement letter automation process and possess knowledge of basic software programming to support this function. He/she responds to donor inquiries and special requests from staff and faculty regarding information in the AWA database. He/she provides daily updates to AWA donor database. Maintain the Central Files and ensure records are in good condition by keeping files organized, properly labeled, legible and in compliance with IRS publications and CSU Chancellor’s Office Retention policies. Facilitate the Central Files scanning procedures by converting the paper copies into a digital & readable format and labeling files appropriately.
The Gift Processor processes and posts gifts, and as needed, generates gift receipts and letters. The incumbent must maintain high work standard, produce error-free output, and exercise discretion and tact in dealing with highly confidential material. Responsible for reviewing/auditing own work to ensure integrity. Resolves gift processing issues and make recommendations as to courses of action. The Gift Processor is expected to work cooperatively and effectively with administrators, other staff, donors, and students. This position requires extreme attention to detail, follow through, and the ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision. The incumbent may supervise student assistants, as required.
- Process and post gifts; generate and send donor receipts and thank you letters
- Daily update of donor database
- Central Files maintenance and electronic scanning procedures
- Respond to inquiries and special requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience technical/administrative work involving collecting, recording and analyzing data.
- Computer skills including database knowledge/experience imperative. MS Office skills should include advanced skills in MS Word (including mail merge functions) and intermediate Excel skills.
- Must have experience working with fundraising databases and be familiar with fundraising principles.
- Must have superior analytical skills, and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral English language communication skills and interpersonal skills, be able to follow written instructions, and exercise independent judgment in problem-solving.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Knowledge of charitable giving policies and procedures helpful, as is experience in an educational or non-profit institution.
- Basic to intermediate Oracle Hyperion scripting skills preferred
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience preferred.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Advertised: April 26, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled