- Provides leadership for academic support and student services in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS).
- Responsible for leading, coordinating, and assessing efforts across the GSBS designed to foster academic, personal, and social success of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Leads and promotes student engagement through student success programs.
- Fosters and supports holistic student development in the school to ensure engaged learning environments
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and assessment of strategies for increasing student success through services and academic support.
- Collaborates with Assistant Dean of Doctoral Training and Development, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, and Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions in examining, developing, enhancing, and supporting academic success programming
- Assist with developing Student Orientation activities
- Identifies, evaluates and employs best practices for award selection and distribution
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and support of campus student organizations and faculty advisors
- Develops, assesses, supervises, and implements student services and events including career fairs, family engagement, recognition events, cohort events, and commencement ceremonies
- Oversees activities that assist students in deciding and then determining their career paths.
- Develops activities, workshops, and presentations to help students develop the skills that will foster their success in their career paths (e.g., resume building, LinkedIn sites, etc.)
- Works with students and student groups to coordinate outreach activities in the community
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, college student personnel, student affairs, or a related field is required; a pending Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years of related experience is required.
UT Health San Antonio is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.