A Postdoctoral Research Scholar position is available immediately for one year with the possibility of extension for another two years based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The postdoctoral researcher will work on research project focused on evaluating nanoparticles-based techniques for rapid detection of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) in peanut. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct independent experiments to evaluate nanoparticles-based techniques for rapid detection of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) in peanut.
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and submit manuscripts in a timely fashion for the project and peer-reviewed publications.
- Train, and mentor graduate students, and assist with proposal writing.
- Perform tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Assist with graduate courses as required
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in Nanotechnology, Agricultural Nanotechnology, or a related field with experience in working with aflatoxin detection using nanoparticles.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
Experience in scholarly publication and grant proposal writing.
The work will require coming to work/the lab at 8 am and may require occasional standing or sitting for extended periods of time, lifting heavy objects, performing repetitive tasks, and so forth.