Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-FPosting Number:
TSU202546Official TSU Title:
PROGRAM ASSISTANT AGING & INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCES (PT) Grant Title:
PROGRAM ASSISTANT AGING & INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCESJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Under general supervision facilitates education and training program services for older adults and their caregivers to ensure funding requirements are met. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. Responsible for preparing and implementing relevant seminars, workshops and health and Information events.Essential Duties Summary:
This is a Grant Funded position.
- Coordinate and facilitate education and training events.
- Identify & confirm appropriate space to accommodate training sessions.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of marketing and outreach strategies.
- Assist in the development of the event agenda items.
- Assist with identifying speakers and presenters when needed.
- Network with community organizations, churches, health care facilities, schools, civic clubs, etc. to encourage participation in education and training events.
- Advertise events by posting notices and flyer throughout the community.
- Prepare training material for distribution.
- Present information relevant to target audience.
- Gather reporting documents for submission.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in human services or education with relevant knowledge of the aging and social services. Required Licensing/Certification:
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
All required certifications and registrations will be provided post hiring.
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective customer service and relationship building.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience. Working/Environmental Conditions:
Effective communication skills and public speaking experience.
UA EEO Statement:
- Stoop, bend, kneel, and lift.
- Sitting or standing in one location.
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skill.
- Carry objects of light weight.
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.