Registrar Support Coordinator Location:
Savannah State Recruiting Loc Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university's students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the processing and evaluation of transfer credit for all students. This position is responsible for updating the BANNER transfer articulation tables to ensure current equivalencies are up-to-date and the university is compliant with USG policies related to transfer students. This individual is responsible for processing readmit applications, transient requests, and academic standing updates and appeals. Other responsibilities of this position include dual enrollment course updates, processing of equivalency and substitution forms and serving as the eCore liaision.
Reporting to the Registrar, this position is responsible for the management of course articulation data in BANNER including the maintenance of course equivalencies. This position will work closely with the academic departments to evaluate course work as needed with a goal of articulating the maximum number of credits for transfer students.
This position will be responsible for managing and making recommended changes to the admissions, credit evaluation, and prior learning credit processing within the Registrar's Office. This position will maintain and update student academic records in Degree Works.
- Manage the course articulation processes and transfer articulation agreements with USG, TCSG and other institutions.
- Review the university catalog annually to make any necessary updates to course equivalencies.
- Researches other institution's catalogs and reviews course descriptions
- Serves as the primary point of contact with GaTracs and USG fot transfer policy updates and best practices
- Evaluates transcripts to apply appropriate transfer credit
- Manage the prior learning credit processes (military experience, test credit, departmental assessments, etc) and assists the Military Outreach Coordinator with evaluating and processes military transcripts to apply appropriate transfer credit
- Assists faculty and staff in resolving transfer credit issues
- Assists Assistant Registrar with processing course substitution forms and updates in Degree Works as needed
- Process readmit applications and updates as needed for readmit students
- Process transient applications and transient letters
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact for reverse transfer
- Serve as the university's eCore liasion
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Education: Associate degree from an accredited institution or high school diploma with an additional 2 years of work experience
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of work experience in higher education
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Able to mutli-task, work independently and support the team simultaneously
- Skilled in decision making and problem solving; excellent interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public, operations of job-related software
- Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of work experience in the office of the Registrar or Admissions
- Experience with student records management to include direct experience working in BANNER, Degree Works, and transfer credit course equivalencies
- Knowledge of military transcript evaluation
- Experience evaluating Prior Learning Credit in Higher Education strongly desirable
For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected]