Financial Aid Counselor
Student Financial Services APPOINTMENT:
12 months/40 hours, Monday - Friday 8am-5pm STARTING HOURLY RATE:
$17.64 INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
Six (6) Months AVAILABLE:
Immediately POSTING DATE:
February 15, 2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filled DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, provides counseling on all aspects of financial aid awarding and billing to students within assigned caseload. Responsible for maintaining the students' financial aid records in compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional policy. Resolves complex billing and financial aid issues and takes proactive steps to counsel students about their payment options.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers accurate and courteous service to current and prospective students in person, on the phone, and via email regarding financial aid and student account information; provides phone coverage for all calls received on personal extension and the general SFS phone line.
- Provides counseling on special circumstance appeals and coordinates collection of appropriate supporting documentation for assigned cohort.
- Certifies Parent PLUS, Grad PLUS, and alternative loans for assigned cohort of students.
- Processes all outside scholarships for assigned cohort, including tracking of anticipated scholarships and coordination of scholarship payments with accounts receivable.
- Reviews verification and missing information documents for assigned cohort of students for accuracy, conflicting information, and works with students and parents to resolve conflicting information, making adjustments to data elements in Ellucian Colleague or CPS in compliance with Federal regulations as needed.
- Performs verification process on selected students for assigned cohort, including analysis and data-entry of required data elements into Ellucian Colleague or CPS in compliance with Federal regulations.
- Manages the collection process of past due accounts and delinquent balances through direct contact with students by letter, phone, and email; coordinates the submission of delinquent student accounts to external collection partners (attorney or collection agency).
- Applies and reconciles manual account adjustments for assigned cohort.
- Works with internal and external partners to invoice and reconcile payments for all third-party billing for assigned cohort.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed
- Manages online file submission site and routes documents to appropriate team member
- Processes Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, and Cal Grant payment for all populations, verifying eligibility at time of payment; maintains Cal Grant roster
- Processes Federal Direct and Redlands Loan documents in Ellucian Colleague
- Serves as the team lead for verification, providing support and guidance to team members in these areas as needed; acts as the spokesperson on behalf of SFS Coordinator team for policy and procedure updates and changes in these areas.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields; and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Must possess proficiency with numbers; possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, along with a high level of independent judgment and strong customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, supervision, students and outside service representatives; interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; exercise initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently and in seeking new ways to improve processes. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine including a booster or submit an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0fb2aeaf-08e0-4877-b810-bdaa4931bd8b
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency