ORL-A018-NSI-Neuro-Repl Job Schedule
Full-Time Date Posted:
4/14/2022 Job DescriptionOverview
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Lake Wales, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neurology at Winter ParkFull Time Outpatient Opportunity for a PA or APRN
AdventHealth Neurology in Winter Park is in search of a neurology advanced practice provider to provide care to our diverse patient population. The ideal candidate would have some sort of exposure to Neurology whether as an RN or having experience was a provider.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing history, physical examinations as needed and monitors neurology patients in the clinic setting
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests
• Seeing patients with the following list of conditions: migraines, cluster headaches, tension-type headaches, paroxysmal hemicrania, new daily persistent headaches, pseudotumor cerebri, headaches in pregnancy and occipital neuralgia.
• Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Always Displaying a caring and professional attitude as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
• Campuses covered Winter Park and Innovation Tower in Orlando
• Monday – Friday: Fulltime
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Team player
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to learn and grow.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• 2-4 years of experience as an APP provider in Neurology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
• Current BLS requiredHospital Description
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.Community Description
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.