Job Number: 501564About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Dental Clinic Admin
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Manager - Front Desk Operations (DEN) - 996338Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages the daily operations of the dental health clinics in order to maximize patient flow, patient satisfaction, and net income.
2. Coordinates staff schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels at assigned health clinics.
3. Manages clinics' staff to include interviewing, hiring, conducting performance evaluations, disciplining employees, training, coaching, and any other personnel related actions. Reviews and approves time sheets for direct reports.
4. Ensures clinics adhere to cash management and daily deposit polices. Works with finance partners to resolve any financial issues.
5. Participates in budget planning and monitors clinic's performance according to established budget. Provides input to Finance partners regarding clinic budgetary matters.
6. Resolves escalated patient complaints to ensure patient satisfaction.
7. Establishes, documents, and implements procedures to maximize work flow and operations' effectiveness. Ensures procedures are communicated and administered consistently across clinic (s).
8. Analyzes EMR reports and follow up with staff to ensure that billing production is maximized. Works with billing office to monitor work product.
9. Oversees facility work orders and acts as administrator to ensure efficient use of work space.
10. Reviews and approves purchase requisitions for office supplies, forms, office equipment prior to submission to Finance.
11. Assists faculty partners in the review of hardship applications and, if approved, enters into the Electronic Health Records system.
12. Works with credentialing to ensure timely provider documentation as to maximize reimbursement from 3rd party payers.
13. Reviews medical records requests and takes action accordingly.
14. Acts as expert user of related computer systems, and assists with enhancements as necessary.
15. Acts as the liaison between providers, staff and patients.
16. Travels to various campus locations.
17. Completes projects as assigned.
18. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the customer support department.
2. Ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of local and remote teams.
3. Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulatory bodies affecting healthcare practices; expert knowledge and understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
4. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
5. Excellent organizational and management skills.
6. Leadership and management skills to motivate and mentor staff.
7. Proficient in MS Office to include Word, Excel and Access.
8. Ability and willingness to travel.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Minimum five (5) years' experience in a customer support department in a medical environment.
2. Minimum three (3) years in a supervisory role.
3. Experienced user of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience as a super user in Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
2. Experience with CPT-4 Procedure Codes and ICD-9 Diagnosis Code.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 14, 2022 Eastern Standard Time