Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human MedicineDepartment:
Pediatrics And Human Development 10022641Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Health Care Professional, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
We are a pediatric primary and specialty care department dedicated to providing excellent patient care and medical education. Our faculty engage in a wide range of clinical and research activities, with the focus of improving the lives of the children we serve. The successful candidate will be devoted to a combination of clinical activities (including on-call duties) that will account for roughly 80% of their time. The remaining hours will be spent researching topics of interest; teaching at any level of medical education (pre-clerkship, clerkship, and residency) and participating in curriculum development; serving on Department, College, or University committees; and any special assignments given by the Chair. This position is open to the Assistant Professor and Associate Professor ranks (commensurate with experience).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Candidates must possess an MD or DO and should be Board-certified, or eligible for Board certification, in Pediatrics.
- Candidates must be licensed or eligible for license as physicians in the State of Michigan, and must be eligible for privileges at our partner facilities.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- DEI Statement describing past role(s) in diversifying staff and student bodies and promoting a sense of community at previous institution(s)
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Please prepare a list of three (3) professional/academic references.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
- TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care settingor have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium.
Established in 1968 with the formation of the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, the Department of Pediatrics and Human Development seeks to balance behavioral science, basic biological research, and clinical pediatrics into a comprehensive approach to the health and development of the child and the family.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Feb 15, 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 15, 2024 Eastern Standard Time