Adjunct Faculty - MA in Counseling Psychology Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
About the Position
"Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning.”
National University is San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university. We are proud to provide high quality higher education to our diverse student population from across the United States, and in multiple countries. As an institution, we value accessibility and provide our students and faculty the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. In 2010, National University was named a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Adjunct faculty are valued as an integral and vital component of the University’s teaching staff, providing unique and valuable perspectives and contributions. We have an excellent opportunity for Adjunct Faculty to join our highly engaged teaching staff in the Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology program. To teach in our program, candidates must have an advanced or terminal degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, or Social Work from a regionally accredited university. In this role, the successful candidate will teach courses to students seeking to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the practice of professional counseling. This role is critical in ensuring successful student outcomes.
Note: This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will be teaching 4-week online classes.
Essential Job Duties:
Lead classroom sessions online according to university policiesProvide expertise in assigned content areas by maintaining current knowledge in the field.Posting faculty guidance and expectationsRespond to student needs in a timely fashion or typically within 48 hours Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments, and post gradesParticipate in online class discussion boardsHave a strong emphasis on student-centered learning by encouraging participation in their own learning and promoting student inquiryMaintain a positive, safe, inclusive student-centric learning environmentActively engage students in developing their knowledge base in MFT and LPCC counselingParticipates in twice yearly adjunct faculty meetingsWorks collaboratively with Staffing Lead Faculty to ensure early student engagement and successAssess student learning outcomes competencyRequired Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, or Social Work from a regionally accredited university
- License as an MFT, LPCC, LCSW, Psychologist, counselor, therapist, or mental health worker.
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- Terminal degree (i.e. PhD, PsyD, or DSW) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, or Social Work from a regionally accredited university
- Demonstrated record of teaching and/or clinical work
- For masters-prepared candidates, four years of clinical experience
- Previous experience teaching, bachelor’s or master’s level courses in psychology or a closely related field
- Proficiency using online learning platforms
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from one of our approved agencies.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state, and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and/or analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work is performed in an office environment and outside the office as necessary.¿
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('/psc/nushrprd_newwin/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_NUSHRPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;