Campus Security OfficerDepartment::
Safety and SecurityJob Summary/Basic Function::
Perform in a professional manner campus security officer work to protect life and property. This includes enforcing college rules and state regulations; maintaining order; and preventing and investigating crime on campus. Minimum Qualifications::
New hires may be required to successfully complete a campus security officer course approved by EvCC.
1. Work assigned shift and wear a security uniform.
2. Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
3. Maintain confidentiality of information.
4. Demonstrate standard computer skills for accessing data and writing reports.
5. Write necessary campus officer reports or other types of reports in a timely manner.
6. Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with fellow employees, faculty, staff, students, general public and other diverse groups.
7. Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with other government agencies such as police and fire departments.
8. Properly use or learn to use two way radios, cell phones, pagers, alarm systems and other similar devices.
9. Properly use or learn to use fire suppression techniques and equipment such as fire extinguishers.
10. Learn and follow correct patrol, traffic, parking enforcement and investigative procedures.
11. Learn and follow correct first aid response procedures which include maintaining a current first aid/AED certification.
12. Demonstrate understanding and acceptance of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
13. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma/equivalent or higher qualification Preferred Qualifications::
2. Possession of a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
3. Proven cultural competency.
4. Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and employees.
5. Possess or obtain first aid and AED certification within six months of hire.
6. Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Your vaccine status will be verified upon hire. Please reach out to [email protected] if you need information on a medical or religious accommodation.
1. Associate degree in a related field Physical Demands:
2. Two or more years of work experience in campus security, law enforcement, or military security
3. Certification or training in specific security and/or law enforcement techniques (e.g., radio, baton, handcuffs, pepper spray, de-escalation techniques)
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants: Work Hours::
• Ability to drive college vehicles on and off campus, up to 35 minutes each way to off campus locations
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, up to 10 hours per shift
• Ability to run, climb, stoop, and bend
• Ability to lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 pounds
• Possess the physical strength to restrain, control and handcuff a combative person
• Ability to operate office equipment and motor vehicles
• Ability to see to read and verify information, and to observe people and situations on campus with sufficient detail
• Ability to hear and speak to communicate with co-workers, campus community, and the general public by phone and in person
Shift work; hours will vary, and may include evenings and weekends. Must be willing and available to work any shift.Posting Date::
02/11/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring a Campus Security Officer that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution. Salary:
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
$43,392 to $56,856 plus benefits