Postdoctoral Scholar Clinical - Neuropsychiatry Location:
Tampa, FL Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time: Job ID:
Department: Department of Pedatrics / 0-6119-000
College/Division: USF Health - Morsani College of Medicine, Division of Pediatrics
Salary Plan: Temporary
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $53,760.00
USF Health's mission is to envision and implement the future of health. It is the partnership of the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences; and the USF Physician's Group. USF is a global research university ranked 34th in federal research expenditures for public universities. For information regarding the USF Health, please visit our website at http://health.usf.edu/index.html
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Postdoctoral Clinical Scholar to participate in direct, supervised clinical service at the Rothman Center under the supervision of the program director and core program faculty Provide intervention and assessment services including testing. Provide supervised clinical care for children, adolescent and adults with OCD, Tourette, mood, disruptive behavior and related disorders. Participate in program meetings, supervision and didactics. Provide consolation to psychiatry team and participate in multidisciplinary planning and training. Participate actively in clinical and supervisor roles associated with human subjects research at the Rothman Center.
- TEACHING 2% Fellowship includes presentation/teaching though any of the following: grand rounds, teaching rounds, journal club, didactic series, university or community lectures, assisting faculty with preparation of teaching materials.
- CLINICAL 95% Participate in direct, supervised clinical service at the Rothman Center under the supervision of Dr. Lewin (program director) and core program faculty (Drs. Horng, Rahman and Wojas). Provide intervention and assessment services including intake evaluations and testing. Provide supervised clinical care for children, adolescent and adults with OCD, Tourette, mood, disruptive behavior and related disorders. Participate in program meetings, supervision and didactics. Provide consolation to psychiatry team, pediatrics, and other USF Health services as needed, and participate in multidisciplinary planning and training. Participate actively in clinical and supervisor roles associated with human subjects research at the Rothman Center. Participate/conduct in telehealth visits.
- RESEARCH 2% Assist with clinical trials rating, clinical/administrative support with funded research, literature reviews, preparation of presentations/submissions. Opportunities for scholarship such as project design development, data analysis and writing up results for peer-review publication, scientific presentation at national and international meetings based on interest, funding, and availability.
- OTHER DUTIES 1%: Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Must be a graduate of an approved professional degree program in the appropriate health discipline and have completed, or are completing, post-residency training within a selected area of specialization, including research and/or clinical training in specialized areas. This post-residency training will usually follow completion of clinical training in preparation for an academic position or subspecialty certification.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D from APA Accredited Clinical, Counseling or School Psychology Doctoral Program; Preferred: Completion of Pre-Doctoral Internship from APA accredited program required: Completion of Pre-Doctoral Internship from program with provisional accreditation/undergoing self-study.
- Child/adolescent specialty training in doctoral and/or internship training.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 29940
Posting Date: 02/10/2022
Posting End Date: 05/11/2022
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview:
USF - Health
USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Connect with us: