22005251 Job Schedule
Full-Time Date Posted:
5/12/2022 Job Description
Certified Respiratory Therapist AdventHealth SC Connerton
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT Nights
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Connerton
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Respiratory Therapist competently performs clinical patient assessment related to job title. Delivers therapy to patient’s including breathing treatments, EKG’s and arterial blood gases. Manages oxygen therapy, performs adult and infant intubations, and manages mechanical ventilators per protocol or by following physician specific orders. Assesses patients ordered for respiratory protocol to determine proper type and frequency of respiratory treatment. Adequately completes patient documentation in computer charting system; including documentation in interdisciplinary education and plan of care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Draws, labels, results, and reports blood gases and critical values according to policy.
- Interdisciplinary education and plan of care is documented on initial treatment and as needed thereafter
- Is a team player and makes decisions and takes actions that consider the needs of the department and co-workers.
- Is able to calibrate and perform bedside pulmonary function tests.
- Is able to set up, monitor, and make changes on all ventilators, invasive and non-invasive, including documentation of all changes in i-view
- Able to complete therapy driven protocols appropriately. Patients are placed on appropriate therapy according to their condition and diagnosis.
- Oxygen rounds and breathing treatments are performed timely, including documentation.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Must take RRT Exam and pass within 6 months of hire date.
- Has worked in an acute care (hospital) setting within the last year.
- Perform respiratory therapy treatments and procedures competently according to physician’s orders, department policy, respiratory protocol and recognized standards of care.
- Able and is willing to rotate throughout all patient care areas.
- Attended respiratory therapy program prior to obtaining license
- Basic computer knowledge including, word and excel, and computerized medical record documentation
- Mechanical and non-invasive ventilation knowledge
- Minimum one year Critical care experience
- CRT Florida State License.
- Maintains continuing education to meet regulatory requirements for licensure.
- BLS, ACLS certified on hire.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.