246517 Job Schedule
Full-Time Date Posted:
10/5/2022 Job DescriptionOverview
Opportunities in the ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S. News & World Report
#3 Hospital in the State of Florida 2021
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to serve as members of our expanding critical care team. The APP assist in management of critically ill patients in our closed ICU. The ideal candidate would apply specialized skills and knowledge related to ICU settings to contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization.
General Summary: The APP under the supervision and direction of the physician and within the credentialing standards of the hospital: (other duties as assigned)
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents as necessary
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Procedures performed but not limited to: inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment, CPR; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; and defibrillation
- directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- 14 - 12-hour shifts are required per month
- Both days and nights are required
- 2 weekends per month are required
- Hours are either 7 AM – 7 PM (Day), or 7 PM to 7 AM (night)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (Acute Care Certificate required) or Physician Assistant (PA) Studies
- 5 years of ICU RN experience OR 3 years as APRN in the ICU
- 3 years as a PA in the ICU OR 5 years as a PA in a surgical specialty
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C License
- Acute Care Certificate Required for APRN’s
- Current ACLS and BLS certification
- FCCS, ATLS certifications (highly preferred but not required)
Start your life-changing journey today!Community Description
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.