Compensation:22.80In Review:Feb 28, 2022Hours:20.5Openings:1PeopleSoft ID:10738 Formal review of applications begins: Feb 27, 2022Department:Collaborative LabsLocation:EpiCenterPosition Summary:
Performs advanced and highly complex financial and administrative office work which involves the coordination and performance of specialized staff responsibilities and both office and budget management functions. In addition, this position would require working with staff in preparation of collaborative event and assisting during collaborative events as needed. This classification differs from the Staff Assistant classifications due to the specialized and customized nature of the work or program assigned. The level of Budget Specialist is assigned by the college based on the responsibilities and organizational structure.
Four (4) years experience in responsible administrative work in an educational institution, comparable business or related experience.
- Knowledge of the programs, procedures and operations of the unit to which assigned.
- Knowledge of overall college programs and operations.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of computer applications relating to the area of work assignment (particularly Excel, Word, Adobe. Prior knowledge of Peoplesoft and Quickbooks will be beneficial).
- Knowledge of sentence structure and word usage.
- Knowledge of mathematics and financial accounting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff and clients.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Skill in listening, reading comprehension.
- Advanced skills in typing.
- Schedule consultant staffing needed for Collaborative Lab engagements and maintain events schedule.
- Create, manage, and maintain client invoicing and billing records.
- Processing, maintaining and managing requisitions and purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit receiving reports and invoices from consultants.
- Research and coordinates travel reservations for staff.
- Reviews, reconciles and processes purchase card statements, reports and receipts.
- Assists the supervisor and staff with planning and preparing of meetings and events.
- Maintains budget records, OPS payroll information, purchase orders, client billing and related information.
- Processes and analyzes accounting, budgets, and financial records and reports.
- Responsible for assuring that the department is operating within college rules and regulations and applicable laws.
- Performs advanced staff assistant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ordering office supplies and other purchases as needed.
- Assists clients with general needs during events.
- Performs related duties as required.