Job Number: 501617About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Department: Dentistry-Admin Clearwater
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Coordinator II - Student Services - 991831 (Tampa/Clearwater)Location:
Clearwater, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in managing operations to ensure continuous improvement of
student services that increase engagement and retention.
2. Acts as liaison between students, faculty, and college and university
3. Provides assistance in completing application and enrollment
4. Coordinates activities required for enrollment, such as CPR training
5. Assists faculty and staff in duties such as facilitating or conducting
orientation programs and scheduling events.
6. Coordinates or participates in promotional activities, including conferences, educational fairs, career days, campus tours, or special
events to present programs to prospective students.
7. Assists with the planning and execution of marketing and community outreach events.
8. Prepares and delivers required student information to state credentialing agencies.
9. Responds to requests for student information, as appropriate.
10. Advises student organizations and assists with their efforts to arrange special events, such as fundraisers, receptions, professional
networking opportunities, and/or symposiums.
11. Provides students with information on topics, such as college degree programs, admission requirements, and financial aid opportunities.
12. Considers, resolves and responds to student petitions.
13. Maintains or monitors departmental and/or program websites.
14. Develops and produces marketing materials promoting student events such as orientation, graduation, other ceremonies, and/or
15. Generates reports to ensure timely information is available for management
16. Completes special projects as assigned.
17. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Interprets requests, and determines action plan for important and emergency matters.
2. Interprets and follows policies, procedures and practices.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Customer and Personal Service - Proficient knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
2. English Language - Proficient knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
1. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
4. Complex Problem Solving - Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
5. Service Orientation - Basic skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
6. Information gathering and monitoring skills; including the ability to prepare reports, while maintaining confidentiality.
1. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
2. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
3. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship
among seemingly unrelated events).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, including but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements:
1. Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; database and data entry skills.
2. Excellent organization and planning skills, including calendar and event management and attention to detail.Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and four (4) years’ experience providing
Associate's degree and two (2) years’ experience providing administrative
support in an office environment.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in higher education, preferably in student services.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 10, 2022 Eastern Standard Time