Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 02/24/2022. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
* The description and qualifications for this position have been slightly modified as of 03/30/2022.*
As a Business Intelligence Specialist with UC San Diego Health, incumbent will engage with consults with department leaders and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex business intelligence solutions and analytics. Develops and presents quantitative business cases to managers and senior leaders. The development of processes for data gathering, consolidation and dashboard development to support monitoring and control activities associated with capital project delivery in owned and leased properties.
The Business Intelligence Specialist will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop the organization's mission to create a central repository of technical and business metadata that informs the decision-making process. Departments you will regularly engage with include but are not limited to Facilities, Finance, Information Services, Strategy and the Executive Management Team.
The Business Intelligence Specialist may lead report building exercises, process improvement efforts and projects that optimize the organization’s data governance framework. Individuals with strong project management skills, change management experience and knowledge of the construction industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Development of dashboards that track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the capital construction portfolio.
- Development of ad-hoc reports for stakeholders across the organization.
- Management of process improvement efforts that improve data flow efficacy, integrity, etc.
- Management of projects that support enterprise data governance goals.
- Coordination with program managers responsible for discrete portions of the capital construction portfolio.
- Analysis of Baseline-to-Actual budget forecasts by fiscal years.
- Analysis of multi-year capital spend estimates.
- Analysis of historical and forecasted resource demand (financial capacity and staff capacity to deliver projects).
- Documentation of process and data workflows (Visio, Lucidchart, Etc.).
- Documentation of standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Research on industry best practices related to healthcare construction.
- Coordination with staff across the organization on initiatives that impact the capital construction program (new systems, programs, applications, etc).
- Other duties as required to support the capital construction program.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in business administration, construction management, planning, finance, information technology, or a minimum seven (7) years of directly relevant experience in a similar industry and/or combined experience, education and training.
- Change management coordination and process improvement systems knowledge
- Knowledge of information systems, including familiarity with financial/business applications.
- Knowledge of construction industry terminology and key performance indicators.
- Experience with process modeling, process optimization, and process management.
- Experience in data quality, data profiling, and data analysis, with ability to identify data patterns and root causes of data issues and help drive closed-loop corrective action.
- Ability to understand business processes and pain-points to lead the definition of data requirements to meet complex business needs and drive data quality.
- Ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and technical information into more consumable terms.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superb service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure program success.
- Patience, tact, and the ability to work well under pressure in a busy office.
- Experience working in healthcare or construction.
- Experience working in an academic medical center.
- Experience working in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Advanced Degree in data science, business administration or a related field.
- Certification in Project Management, Program Management, Lean Six Sigma and/or Change Management.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.