Job no: 494234
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Caleb Class’s lab in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Butler University is seeking an enthusiastic researcher to lead and collaborate in the execution of bioinformatics research projects. The main project will involve the analysis and integration of genomic, transcriptomic, and other ‘omics data sets to better understand the metabolic networks involved in occurrence, progression, or treatment of various cancers. Additional collaborative research projects will involve other analyses of ‘omics or clinical data sets, and will allow the postdoctoral researcher to gain experience working directly with other scientists within and outside Butler University.
- Use bioinformatics methods to analyze and integrate Next-Generation Sequencing, proteomic, metabolomic, and other ‘omics data sets.
- Collaborate in the development of new bioinformatics tools for the analysis and visualization of these data sets.
- Draft and assist in the drafting of scientific publications.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in Bioinformatics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative or life sciences discipline.
- Experience in quantitative research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience conducting ‘omics data analysis.
- Experience with R, Python, or another high-level programming language.
This position is funded by departmental funds for a minimum of one year, and is renewable for one additional year. The successful candidate will also have opportunities for professional development, as well as the chance to gain teaching experience if desired. Applications will be received and reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Please submit one combined pdf file consisting of a cover letter describing your research experience and career goals, a CV, and contact information of three references (names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers) in your application.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: February 09, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled