Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Director, Career Services Job Description Summary Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Director of Career Services.
The Director of Career Servicers directs career development and internship services for students and alumni. Responsible for the development of career education on campus, the internship education program, supports employer relations and campus leadership initiatives. Job Description
- Develop and direct a comprehensive career and employment development program for Florida Poly students and alumni;
- Develop and sustain relationships with employer, academic, and student communities to maximize internship and career opportunities;
- Provide instruction in select courses, including first year mandatory career education;
- Organize and track student employment, certifications and competition participation;
- Develops a data-driven approach to career planning and placement;
- Creation and coordination of career events and related programming, including planning, marketing, venue set up/break down, logistics and assessment;
- Work directly with Advancement, students, department chairs, faculty and alumni to expand internship/job opportunities for students;
- Manage evaluation and assessment process, including creation and update of survey instruments, compile data and initial analyses, and apply results to future career experience related events;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience in a combination of university services or other demonstrated career-focused leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with companies and groups to develop talent pipelines.
- Knowledge and capabilities necessary include career counseling techniques, knowledge of job trends and career development skills, effective public relations and networking abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the principles of college student development and the policies and structure of a typical four-year, public university is preferred.
- Dependability, creativity, good judgment, professionalism, and dedication to sound principles of student development are paramount among necessary characteristics for this position.
- Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data and develop analytics that demonstrate student success in career, entrepreneurship and internship.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to effectively interface with employers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate collaboration with internal university departments.
- Master's degree in a discipline directly related to staffing, employment, career development and planning, or human resources.
- In addition to minimum qualifications above, a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a combination of university services or other demonstrated career-focused leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical reports and departmental assessment.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $71,980 - $76,500, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.