Respiratory Therapy Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Respiratory Therapy Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)Department:
: Allegheny CampusAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 9, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month positions with benefits.Transcripts:
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Salary Grade: Per ContractJob Category:
Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic AdvisorEmployment Type:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
2753Job Open Date:
1/21/2022 Job Close Date: General Summary:
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.Requirements:
Baccalaureate degree in Respiratory Therapy is required. Must hold a valid Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) credential and current state license. A minimum of 15 years' experience teaching as an appointed faculty member in a CoARC-accredited Respiratory Care program. A minimum of 15 years' experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. A minimum 5 years' experience in adult Level 1 trauma and 3 years' experience in neonatal/pediatric care. Must have a certification with the American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, BLS Instructor, and PALS. Experience in COARC accreditation process, NBRC examination process, online delivery of Respiratory Therapy courses, and Blackboard. Excellent time management, verbal, writing, organization, and critical-thinking skills are required. Ability to provide a positive and effective learning environment. Understanding of education environments including needs of adult learners. Motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching. Good organization and communication skills.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.Duties:
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1006
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency