Part-Time Specialist I, Career Exploration Camp Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Founded in 1988, Lone Star College-Tomball is the third oldest college in the LSC system. LSC-Tomball offers a wide range of academic and workforce programs and is a leading college in the health sciences. LSC-Tomball is the founding college of the lifePATH® program, a four-year degree for adults with cognitive disabilities. LSC-Tomball enjoys a joint library partnership with Harris County Public Library, and we offer an early college high school with the Tomball Independent School District.
Location address is 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375.Job Description PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Specialist I, Career Exploration Camp assists the instructors in the classroom with the students. Helps ensure all children have a safe, secure and appropriate environment by also escorting students throughout the Lone Star College campus. Assists the Program Manager of Career Exploration Camp with the day-to-day operations of the Lone Star College youth program. Career Exploration Camp, a summer youth program started more than 26 years ago, offers more than 50 one-week courses for ages 8-17. Our programs are fun and educational, offering children a chance to develop skills and learn new ones in a friendly environment. Knowledgeable instructors, usually certified teachers, will lead classes in a variety of subject areas with curriculum developed to encourage learning in a relaxed and creative atmosphere. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for students to begin thinking about their future college plans and to provide a quality enrichment program from the arts to academics in a fun, safe environment. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under direct supervision, helps to ensure that all children have a safe, secure, and appropriate environment
- Actively assists the summer youth program instructors within the classroom, implementing class activities
- Provides positive feedback towards all children
- Escort children at all times while on a Lone Star College campus
- Assists with preparing/serving/cleaning up lunches/snacks as needed
- Assists with preparing classroom supplies and end of day cleanup
- Documents all accidents, incidents, observations on appropriate forms
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to treat all employees, parents, and children with respect, dignity and maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Knowledge and experience working with youth
- Knowledge and ability to use PC and common Microsoft office software, including Word and Excel at a basic level
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work hours vary between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Thursday
- Morning and afternoon shifts available
- This is a temporary, part-time position only
- High School diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.46
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.