Digital Communications and Alumni Programs Coordinator Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
788 # of Openings:
1 Digital Communications and Alumni Programs Coordinator Job Overview
Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications and Alumni Programs, this position supports the College’s digital communications efforts with alumni and parents, and provides logistical support for various alumni and parent programs. Required to work Homecoming and Alumni Weekends. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Uses HTML/CSS to build, test, and send emails for Alumni and Parent Engagement and other campus departments. Reports on delivery rates and engagement metrics and resolves data errors.
- Provides programs support for various alumni programming, including young alumni and student/alumni programming.
- Provides programs support for reunions, particularly in the months running up to Alumni Weekend and Homecoming.
- Works with Senior Digital Communications Coordinator to keep alumni data up to date. This includes merging records, cleaning and updating data, and facilitating the movement of data between systems.
- Designs visual content to engage alumni audiences through email, social media, web, print, and other mediums.
- Creates and maintains web pages, event listings, registrations, and other content for the alumni website. Recommends enhancements.
- Recognizes and celebrates alumni stories, particularly those of young alumni. Collaborates with the Alumni and Parent Engagement team to find alumni to highlight.
- Serves as the primary administrator for the online platform Wheaton in Network (WiN). Provides customer service for incoming student and alumni emails, reviews interactions on WiN, approves new registrations, troubleshoots as needed, creates reports, and manages student and alumni marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree (Wheaton College preferred)
- Experience in web/email design or web site management preferred
- Familiarity with software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Photoshop), MS Office (particularly Excel), and website administration using Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal)
- Strong attention to detail and correct grammar/punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; able to handle details and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of web content/email marketing strategies and current trends and issues with electronic communications helpful but not required
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.Updated