Part-Time Librarian / Evening Position
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Part-Time Librarian Department:
Library FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt Job Type:
Part-Time Permanent Timeframe:
Academic Calendar Shift:
Monday and Thursday Evenings 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Salary:
$23.00 Per Hour Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct onsite, Email, Chat and Telephone Reference services including patron assistance and instruction in the use of online databases.
- Create and maintain library web pages as needed.
- Use of WorldCat OPAC, OCLC WorldShare Management Services, and LibGuides in a multi-platform computer environment to assist patrons
- Experience providing research and reference assistance to a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff; computer literacy in a multi-platform environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse community and to foster a culture of inclusion.
- Experience with WorldCat and Libguides
Additional Information:Disability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required.
The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of the highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filledNOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=142391&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency