Assistant or Associate Professor of Social Work/BSW Program DirectorPosting Number:
FacultyKey Responsibilities :
The Department of Social Work, Criminal Justice, and Sociology at Juniata College, a highly ranked, national liberal arts college of approximately 1,400 students located in the scenic Allegheny Mountains of central Pennsylvania, seeks candidates for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Social Work and B.S.W. Program Director position in a two-faculty, CSWE-accredited program, beginning Spring or Summer 2022. Rank is dependent on experience and qualifications. This is a three-year fixed term (non-tenure-track) position, with the possibility of change to a tenure-track position in the future. This position is ideal for a candidate who is interested in both program administration and the opportunity to teach a variety of courses in Social Work. The Juniata College Social Work program has been accredited by CSWE since 1984, and typically graduates 6 students per year. Further information about the department can be found at http://www.juniata.edu/academics/departments/sociology/. Juniata College and the Social Work Program seek applications from diverse candidates and from candidates who support diversity, as well as from candidates who are innovatively, ethically, and intrinsically committed to community-based, whole-person education. The B.S.W. Program Director is responsible for leading, and coordinating all aspects of the Social Work Program, in collaboration with the Field Director. Duties include:
- Facilitating implicit and explicit social work curriculum development, in collaboration with a diverse team of colleagues
- Teaching ~14-18 credits per school year
- Advising ~25-30 students, beginning in year two
- Supporting ongoing professional development of the social work faculty
- Recruitment of students into the Social Work Program;
- Oversight of yearly assessment of the Social Work Program;
- Assuring compliance with CSWE Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS);
- Oversight and leadership of the CSWE-reaffirmation of accreditation process; and
- Budget preparation and administration for the Social Work Program.
As a member of the Juniata faculty, the B.S.W. Program Director must also engage in professional development and scholarly activities and participate in service to the college and the community.
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us… AA/EOEPosition Qualifications:
- an M.S.W. from a CSWE accredited program;
- a Ph.D. in Social Work or related field (strongly preferred);
- a minimum of 2 years post-Master’s social work experience;
- an L.S.W. or L.C.S.W., and eligibility for licensing in Pennsylvania;
- a minimum of two years full-time teaching experience at the college level, preferably in a B.S.W. or M.S.W. program; and
- A minimum of one year of relevant and successful administrative/leadership experience, such as a program coordinator at a college, university or social agency; social work field director; or department chair.
Reports directly to the ProvostPreferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of baccalaureate social work education and the accreditation standards (EPAS) for the B.S.W. degree is highly desirable. Experience as a field instructor for B.S.W. students is also helpful. Of particular interest are candidates who have Social Work teaching experience in generalist social work practice, including in micro-, mezzo-, and macro- practice, as well as in research and social justice reform. Experiences and skills in the development of online/hybrid social work courses is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical, and religious reasons. Weekly testing will be required for the unvaccinated. Those granted exceptions for reasons other than approved medical or religious exemption will be assessed a monthly testing fee.Open Date:
01/27/2022Open Until Filled: