For COVID-related Information and Vaccination Requirements, please view the Return to Campus Task Force
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC students were born in 119 countries and speak 29 different languages. The diversity and the multitude of our community’s cultures, life experiences, skills and aspirations, are the very values and traits that empower us to be productive and caring members of our society.
HCCC embodies an unwavering commitment to student success and an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2019, the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (PACDEI) was instituted to develop new levels of understanding and access and advance the College’s commitment to transparency and inclusion. We are proud of the differences we share, which are the foundation for the life changing and transformational education we offer and the social mobility we provide to the communities we serve.
HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus Center has abundant parking. Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recently recognized with the 2021 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, and the 2021 INSIGHT Into Diversity’s Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. In 2016 the Gabert Library was one of three academic libraries in the United States to receive the Excellence in Academic Libraries Award from the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), and in 2019 the HCCC Tutoring Center received the Frank L. Christ Outstanding Learning Center Award for Two-Year Institutions. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream, a network of high achieving community colleges, part of its expanding effort toward continuous improvement in student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education. Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, courses, seminars and training sessions for the community. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County business community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Provide non-credit, workforce development instruction in Basic Communications for CEWD clients utilizing approved training curriculum and materials.
Training areas include but are not limited to Verbal Communications, Written Communications, Customer Service Communications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively deliver training for the Continuing Education and Workforce Development’s clients.
- Design, develop and update instructional material, including training handouts, workbooks, guides, and other materials as needed.
- Create an upbeat and engaging classroom environment.
- Use a variety of methods to help ensure the transfer of learning after class.
- Administer competency-based pre and post-assessments; Design and develop assessments as needed.
- Take attendance and administer evaluations.
- Complete progress reports on students as needed.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and recommend training follow-up as needed.
Required/Minimum QualificationsEducation Requirements
Bachelor degree required. Master degree preferred.
Training & Development: Three years in Workforce Development preferred.
Training can be held Online or at one of our campuses. Training may also be held at partner sites in Hudson County or one of the surrounding areas.
Varies based on the program. Training may be delivered on weekends and evenings.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Highly skilled in training and facilitation using adult learning methodologies.
- Ability to manage a classroom environment and keep the audience engaged.
- Computer and internet skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods.
- Have a high degree of professionalism.
- Enjoy training/staff development.
- Ability to proactively address client needs.
- Some travel is required.
- Ability to deliver classes remotely on virtual platforms such as Zoom and WebEx.
For full consideration please submit your CV or resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references through CEWD Instructor Applications. If the form does not open, please type this url into your browser https://tinyurl.com/25vs5t6h. Please call (201) 360-4241 with any questions.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.