26-Jan-2022 to 28-Feb-2022 (EST) College of Business and Management Boca Raton, FL, USA Part TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!).
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, Economics. The College of Business and Management at Lynn University requires faculty to teach courses in its undergraduate and graduate programs at our campus in Boca Raton.
Only candidates who can teach in-person classes on campus will be considered.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Teach courses in accordance with college guidelines
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance
- Timely response to student questions and concerns
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must be proficient with using technology for instructional delivery, such as learning management systems (e.g. Canvas) and presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must have excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Candidates must have at least a Master's degree in Economics, or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a specialization in Economics listed on the transcript
- All degrees must have been completed at a College of Business in a regionally accredited university
- Proof of being current in the field of instruction, whether through continuous education, scholarship contributions, and/or practical, high-level field experience
- Candidates must be available to work the required schedule in person on our Boca Raton campus. Online-only candidates will not be considered.
- Candidates who additionally have 18 graduate hours of education in multiple business-related field are preferred
- Previous experience teaching Business topics at a college or university level is preferred
- Candidates with a doctorate in Economics or a related Business field are preferred
- Professional certification in a related Business field is preferred
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, copies of all college transcripts, and three letters of reference.Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. ©2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.