Program Manager, Office of Senior Associate Dean for Graduate and Postdoctoral Education
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is home to departments and programs that are central to the educational mission of the School of Medicine. We serve all populations of students and trainees who participate in the School's programs: Stanford MD, MS, and PhD students; visiting MD students seeking clinical clerkships; postdoctoral scholars and medical fellows; and medical practitioners seeking further professional enrichment. Our goal is to provide a Stanford School of Medicine experience worthy of our students' and trainees' talents, aspirations, and dedication.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will lead communications strategy, provide project management for centralized training grant resources, and analyze data for key initiatives for the office of the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs (SAD). Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Program Manager will advise the SAD on communications priorities, implement a cohesive digital communications strategy, and create and manage messaging on a variety of media platforms targeting both internal and external audiences. S/he/they will write and edit communication materials on behalf of the SAD and associated constituencies, including and the Office of Graduate Education, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, the Grant Writing Academy and BioSci Careers. This multi-faceted position allows the individual to play both strategic and operation roles, as they will also take on the development and maintenance of resources that support externally funded training grants and provide outreach and communications to internal stakeholders regarding the updating and usage of the centralized resources. The successful candidate will be an energetic and motivated individual who takes initiative, enjoys managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and has experience using a variety of software, websites, and applications, including tools to create, manage, and promote digital content on social media platforms.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assignedEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Lead the development and implementation of an overall communications strategy for teams that report to the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs and implement outreach to key internal and external audiences (such as faculty, alumni, current and prospective students, and staff)
- Develop and implement a digital communications strategy for the Office of Graduate Education to increase social media presence and connection to website, determine a schedule for posts, manage social media listening efforts to inform timing and content of posts
- Compile data, analyze and report on social media use. Analyze how content is performing and create reports with recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Develop a website to document faculty participation in mentor trainings for Biosciences training faculty
- Draft and edit critical communications including emails, speeches, remarks, presentations, briefings, backgrounders, reports, high-level correspondence targeting both internal and external audiences (including faculty, alumni, prospective students, staff)
- Maintain and update centralized resources related to external training grants and manage outreach to faculty and administrators using these resources
- Develop and update websites and dashboards to display career outcomes for Biosciences alumni (experience with/willingness to learn Tableau is a plus)
- Analyze data and generate reports related to key initiatives
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Experience in project management to independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple disciplines. Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Experience with creating a communications strategy to engage internal and external constituents and demonstrated technical expertise with using a variety of software, tools, and applications to produce content for different channels, such as social media platforms, webpages/websites, digital mailings, or other channels that are effective in engaging audiences.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Qualtrics and Tableau is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to communicate information clearly and effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2810762
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency