Search #: 496014JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
Under the directions of the Associate Director of Experiential Global Learning (EGL), and as part of the EGL team, the EGL advisor will work closely with students in all phases of the EGL process, including outreach, advising, monitoring applications, pre-departure, onsite support and re-entry.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the effective administration of EGL programming and delivers high-quality advising that meets the expectations and goals set by the Associate Director.
- Advises students on EGL program options, opportunities, and requirements. Conducts individual advising for students on personal and academic goals, program selection, health and safety concerns, inter-cultural competency, etc.
- Assists students with the EGL application process, including advising on financial aid and scholarships, courses equivalency process, registration, transcripts, credits, and other administrative tasks.
- Maintains an expert understanding of university policies pertaining to EGL. Responds to inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and others regarding program policies, procedures, and requirements, making referrals as appropriate.
- Reviews applications and makes acceptance decisions using the online nomination/application/approval processes for programs, monitoring compliance with requirements and policies, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date student records using the Terra Dotta software system.
- Works collaboratively with faculty for the recruitment, enrollment, and preparation of students for UConn administered programming.
- Assists in maintaining the content of guidebooks, presentations, website, and other informational literature for students, faculty, parents, and other offices, following best practices.
- Promotes EGL programs by holding information sessions, participating in EGL fairs, campus events, etc.
- Maintains effective relationships with faculty, academic departments, administrative offices, EGL partners, and program providers. Acts as liaison between the overseas partner/program provider and students.
- Stays abreast of all travel alerts, travel warnings, and events abroad that might affect students. Stays in contact with students while they are on an EGL program, providing assistance as necessary and appropriate.
- Occasional nights and weekends required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Microsoft Office and related software applications.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate diplomatically with constituents.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions.
- Excellent skills in collaborating with individuals from diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of university procedures for coordinating program activities.
- Knowledge of program reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial planning.
- Knowledge of various educational principles.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496014 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 15, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 25 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 15 2022 Eastern Standard Time