Job Location1775 N Sector Ct, Winchester, Virginia
Shenandoah University’s School of Pharmacy is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time benefited position located on our Health Professions campus in Winchester, Virginia.
- Perform and coordinate a broad range of general office and administrative support functions for the faculty of the Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Order supplies and process bid information, requisitions and reimbursements
- Reconcile purchase card statements
- Serve as a member of the School of Pharmacy Events Committee
- Make travel arrangements
- Provide back-up assistance for the front-desk administrative assistant in his or her absence
- Provide project management to the Assistant/Associate Dean of Assessment (20% effort)
- Provide project and event management to the Director of Post Graduate Education
- Administrative assistant skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Work well as a member of a team
- Communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing
- Complete duties and projects timely and independently
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years of administrative assistant related experience is preferred
- College degree or courses relevant to position preferred, but not required
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check, fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or on a University approved medical or religious exemption, as well as a satisfactory driving record will be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Salary TypeNot Applicable