RESEARCH TECHNICIAN, School of Medicine, Anatomy & Neurobiology Tracking Code5430Job Description
The Research Technician is responsible for assisting in all aspects of required. drug and non-drug clinical and research studies from initiation to completion. The individual will lead or participate in scheduling activities, subject management and testing, lab coordination, writing scientific manuscripts and study protocols, and study reports, as well as interfacing with researchers, support staff, and subjects.
This position is also responsible for supporting other activities as Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the organization of a project plan including protocol, timeline, and scheduling
- Assist in the development of study protocols utilizing various sources including literature, experts, collaborators, and internal team members and the execution of new IRB applications.
- Facilitate the development of study documentation including study report forms, informed consent forms, source documentation, and study-specific plans for sound and thorough data to support the approval process or study objective
- Serve as a resource to support staff, investigators, and researchers regarding investigational logistics and protocols to perform routine subject testing activities based on approved study protocols and IRB and to assist in resolving day-to-day issues
- Assist in the preparation of scientific abstracts and manuscripts.
- Bachelors degree with 0-12 months of experience in a medical setting and/or clinical research, Masters Degree preferred
- Previous experience working or leading a clinical or research study strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and resources
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular