Clinical Research Laboratory Technician, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsClinical Research Laboratory Technician, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) - Georgetown University Medical Center Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCCC),
part of Georgetown University Medical Center
, seeks to prevent, treat and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education and partnership with the community — guided by the principle of cura personalis, “care for the whole person.” Georgetown Lombardi is the research engine driving clinical cancer research at MedStar Health in the D.C. Metro area and northern New Jersey.Job Overview
The Clinical Research Laboratory Technician
is responsible for collecting, processing, and shipping laboratory and tissue specimens for phase I, II, and III oncology clinical trials conducted in the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering all aspects of the processing, storage, and shipment of laboratory and tissue specimens collected for clinical trials conducted in the LCCC Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO).
- Collecting samples from clinical areas.
- Reviewing, understanding, and following all protocol and sponsor requirements and instructions related to specimen handling and processing, including the implementation of protocol modifications.
- Storing and/or shipping samples to various lab facilities in accordance with protocol requirements.
- Retrieving laboratory kits and prepare for next day collections and tasks.
- Providing training to CRMO Clinical Operations team members on lab kit preparation and use.
- Picking-up and dropping-off specimen at other GU laboratories.
- Performing a variety of laboratory techniques, such as proper tube handling, centrifugation, pipetting, aliquoting, snap freezing, and utilization of dry ice.
- Working collaboratively with trial stakeholders and internal study teams (physicians, clinical nursing staff, Regulatory team, Study Coordinators, Data Managers).
- Adhering to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidance documents.
- Adhering to good documentation practices and contribute to query resolution related to laboratory specimens.
- Collecting and organizing laboratory related source documents in electronic and paper format according to site policies.
- Preparing for and participating in site initiation visits and study close-out processes.
- Documenting, maintaining, and archiving storage freezer(s) inventory and temperature log(s).
- Maintaining an organized laboratory space and following regular cleaning guidelines.
- Communicating appropriately with pharmaceutical sponsors, study monitors, auditors, physicians, and study team members.
- Attending protocol-related training and complete all required study training in the required timeframe.
- Assuring ongoing compliance with all departmental, institutional, and federal requirements and regulations. Maintain controls to assure accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality of research data.
- Maintaining confidentiality standards for all potential and enrolled study participants; comply with federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
The Clinical Research Laboratory Technician
performs all duties in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Adheres to Georgetown University Medical Center's philosophies, policies, and SOPs. Works in compliance with Human Subject Protection regulations, patient confidentiality/HIPAA requirements, and Good Clinical Practice.Work Interactions
- Clinical Research Manager
- Disease Group members: Principal Investigators, Physicians, Clinicians
- Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO) members: Clinical Research Nurses, Clinical Research Coordinators, Data Managers, Regulatory team members
- External department clinicians and staff: Infusion Nurses, Oncology Pharmacists, hospital staff, other lab personnel
- Clinical trial sponsors, auditors, and study monitors
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work independently and function within a team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliability and ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
2 to 3 years of related experienceWork Mode: On Campus.
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2804229
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency