University of Colorado – School of Pharmacy
Pharmacist, Internal Medicine Clinic (Clinical Assistant Professor)
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgroundsThe University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is nationally recognized for its leadership in pharmacy education and strong commitment to developing and sustaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. The Department of Clinical Pharmacy (DOCP) provides unprecedented opportunities for individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career encompassing innovative educational, service and scholarly activities. The school is seeking applicants for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure, clinical/teaching track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor with training and experience in the areas of Ambulatory Care and Population Health, with a specific area of focus in Internal Medicine.This faculty member will practice as a member of the interdisciplinary team at the Lowry Internal Medicine clinic of University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) in Aurora, Colorado. This clinic is a training site for the University of Colorado Internal Medicine medical residency program. Primary clinical responsibilities (100% time) of this position includes developing innovative patient care services and interfacing with interdisciplinary primary care teams in the clinic to provide comprehensive medication management and other population health initiatives for patients, with emphasis on value-based care programs. Comprehensive medication management efforts will be focused on demonstrating improvements in healthcare quality, reducing healthcare cost, and improving experiences for both patients and the healthcare team. Daily activities may include some combination of in-person interactions in the clinic and telehealth/remote interactions with patients and providers. In addition to clinical practice, successful candidates for this position are expected to provide experiential teaching for students in the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum and PGY2 ambulatory care residents. Opportunities for engaging in scholarship in support of their clinical and teaching efforts are available.Examples of Work Performed
Hiring Salary Range
- Function as an interdisciplinary member of the primary care teams to support all medication management activities in the Lowry Internal Medicine clinic.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with clinic providers and staff to become a valued and contributing team member in the Lowry Internal Medicine clinics.
- Work with clinic providers, staff, and administration to develop and implement clinic- and population-level medication interventions targeted to improve quality metrics.
- Work collaboratively with providers, clinic staff, and care managers to reduce adverse drug events and improve medication management for care transitions and complex or high utilizing patients.
- Educate staff and providers regarding medication management best practices including updates on new medications and clinical guidelines, chronic disease state management, and others.
- Provide quality teaching services in the School of Pharmacy Doctor of Pharmacy program. Teaching includes preparing and presenting lectures and active learning sessions, precepting student Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs), evaluating student performance using various assessment methods, and mentoring and advising students.
- Provide quality precepting and serve as a role model for PGY2 ambulatory care pharmacy residents.
- Produce scholarly work in support of educational activities and/or clinical practice. Scholarly activity includes writing manuscripts (e.g., research articles, educational innovations, textbook chapters, therapeutic summaries/review articles) which are published in peer-reviewed academic journals. Scholarly work may also include conducting research projects which are focused on demonstrating clinical innovations and demonstration of value of clinical pharmacy services.
- Participate in professional service activities such as university or school committee work, participation in professional organizations, and attendance at seminars, conferences, special courses, and scientific meetings.
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $108,000-114,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire
- Applicants must have a PharmD degree
- Completed PGY2 residency training in ambulatory care, internal medicine, pharmacotherapy, or a similar program
- Candidates must have or be eligible for pharmacist licensure in Colorado.
. Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous academic experience and board certification (BCPS or BCACP).
- Practice experience in the ambulatory care environment
- Knowledge of contemporary pharmacy practice in the ambulatory care setting.
- Experience developing innovative pharmacy practice sites.
- Experience developing Internet-based patient care management programs.
- Teaching and mentoring ability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and reasoning ability.
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Planning and organizing ability.
- Project management ability.
Jan 25, 2022Unposting Date: