Scientific Grant Writer and Program Manager
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Division is dedicated to institutional and community commitment to the development of research programs at Stanford that focus on clinical immunology. The Division of Immunology and Rheumatology
has a longstanding tradition of excellence in patient care, and is among the leading groups in the School of Medicine in cutting edge bench research, clinical trial investigation and outcomes assessment research.
The Division of Immunology and Rheumatology in the Department of Medicine at Stanford University seeks a Scientific Writer and Project Manager (Academic Program Professional 2) to collaborate with our Faculty to orchestrate and write interdisciplinary collaborative grants and to manage interdisciplinary programs. This individual will play a key role in formulating scientific strategy and will oversee planning. The Division's laboratories and clinical programs performs cutting edge, interdisciplinary translational investigation of the role of the immune system in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis, systemic sclerosis, and osteoarthritis. The incumbent will have the opportunity to play a leading role in helping our Division advance investigation of these diseases and development of next-generation diagnostic and therapeutic approaches.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop and manage research programs by conductingresearch activities, including outreach to variedstakeholders within the program, assigning resourcesand making program improvement recommendations thatimpact policies and programs.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for newresearch.
- Source, collect and analyze data, create reports, reviewand explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternativesolutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goalsof the program or function.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, researchgrants, peer-reviewed publications, and other programactivities.
- Develop or contribute to outreach strategy related toprogram communications, development, partnerships,and fundraising/funding.
- Coach and mentor program staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- PhD in a scientific field related to translational immunology
- 3 years of grant writing and editing experience, with experience working on NIH proposals
- 3 years of experience writing and editing articles for scientific journals
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Graphpad and Endnote
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience. Advanced degree may be required for some programs. For jobs with financial responsibilities, experience managing a budget and developing financial plans.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Ability to develop program partnerships and funding sources.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
- For teaching jobs, advanced degree or certification may be required for some programs.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Ability to use voice to present information/communicate with others.
- On-campus mobility.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Occasional overnight travel.
Why Stanford is for you
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2802587
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency