Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-FPosting Number:
TSU202576Official TSU Title:
ASST DEAN CAREER SERVICESGrant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Under direction of the Associate Dean for External Affairs, handles the day-to-day management of the career services department. Facilitates recruitment and placement activities for a diverse student body and employer pool. Essential Duties Summary:
- Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day management of the career services department.
- Recruits prospective employers to expand job opportunities for students though personal visits, annual mailings, telephone contact website and other marketing strategies.
- Instructs and aids students in methods to identify prospective employers by region and job type, capturing the data for use by future students.
- Coordinates on-campus interviewing, résumé mailing to traditional employers, video conference interviews, and regional interviews.
- Serves as a Liaison between law school, employers and community outreach programs.
- Oversees continuous improvement of the Career Services website and library materials, including the Career Services data base.
- Develops and implements programs to aid students in preparation for job applications, interviews, and employment, including résumés, cover letters, writing samples, mock interviews, and references.
- Serves on a variety of executive boards and ad committees locally, regionally, and nationally as designated.
- Plans and implements career programs such as student orientation and open house, career speakers and job skills programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$73,417.00 - $91,771.00Education:
Juris Doctorate. Required Licensing/Certification:
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Federal, State, Local and County laws.
- Policies, departmental procedures, and practices.
- Banner and other job-related software systems.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Coordinating work of others.
- Planning activities.
- Leading projects.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
Five (5) years of related experience. Working/Environmental Conditions:
UA EEO Statement:
- Limited standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
- Stoop, bend or lift.
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Close Date:
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
02/04/2022Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.