Academic Program Assistant
The Osher Gift Program is seeking an Academic Program Assistant
who provides administrative and logistical support to Osher members and staff at the Montgomery County Campus (5 days per week). Requires ability to travel readily between multiple locations and work occasional weekends. Position also requires the ability to lift and carry weights up to 30 pounds.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Program Support (90%)
Administrative Duties (10%)
- Provide coverage at offsite locations up to two days per week.
- Provide in class course support to faculty using classroom technology, Internet resources and standard AV materials.
- Proficient manipulation of Aceware program database for course and faculty entry, report generation and event tracking.
- Enter member registrations and prospective member information into an Aceware database.
- Assist with maintaining an Aceware database for processing and tracking enrollments.
- Assemble, manipulate, and/or format data, reports, documents and other types of communication.
- Prepare and make deposits.
- Copy and disseminate faculty course and program materials.
- Respond to prospective member inquiries via telephone, email and in writing.
- Prepare and mail prospective member packets.
- Create semester Reading List and order books if needed.
- Prepare classrooms for courses, including handouts and coordinating audio-visual needs.
- Maintain and order an inventory of office supplies.
- Proofread and edit program materials and newsletters.
- Assist with planning and attend special events and trips.
- Coordinate office services such as purchasing, records control, and other administrative activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Serve as on-site backup for the Program Administrative Supervisor.
- Provide occasional assistance and support to the Program Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two years office/clerical experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Two-year Degree is preferred.
- Prefer experience in an academic working environment.
- Experience using Astra scheduling, JHU SAP and ISIS systems preferred.
- Experience working with senior citizens and lifelong learning programming preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse constituents.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot various types of AV equipment.
- Competency in using various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, graphics packages and electronic calendaring.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, creatively and sometimes during unpredictable circumstances.
- Demonstrated professionalism and patience regarding the needs of adult learners, especially older adults.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision and as part of a team.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry weights up to 30 pounds.
Classified Title: Academic Program Assistant
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.41 - $21.21/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 p m
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: Osher Gift Program
Personnel area: School of Arts & Sciences
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Rockville-Academic-Program-Assistant-MD-20850/815664300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency