Coordinator of Budget and Finance EOC-NTP-22-1
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2022-02-13
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Capital District Educational Opportunity Center seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
Coordinator of Budget and Finance
Please Note: In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support visa applications. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check. Telecommuting is not available in this position
Qualifications for Employment
Education (Minimum Requirements):
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance from an accredited college or university with five years’ relevant employment experience or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance from an accredited college or university with seven years’ relevant employment experience.
Professional business management experience; knowledge and experience in use of computer-based accounting applications; and supervisory experience of personnel including evaluations.
Demonstrated strong computational skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all work performed. Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple demands. Strong organizational skills. Familiarity with Banner Finance. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite. Demonstrated verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to plan and supervise the work of others. Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team. Strong customer service orientation. Knowledge and experience working with multicultural and low-income populations.
Nature and Scope of Duties:
The Coordinator of Budget and Finance reports to the Vice President/Executive Director and performs the following duties:
• Provides overall fiscal management of center including day-to-day operations and long-term planning;
• Oversees, coordinates, monitors and manages all center finance matters including, but not limited to: payroll, purchasing/procurement, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget, cash management, petty cash, and audit.
• Ensures compliance with all appropriate policies, guidelines and directives as may be issued by SUNY, HVCC, EOC, State, Federal, as well as other governing, regulating or controlling entities, and GASB accounting and regulatory requirements;
• Serves as the primary point of contact with Hudson Valley Community College Finance Office on matters related to finance functions for both EOC restricted and operating funds;
• Serves as the primary point of contact with SUNY University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) on matters related to finance reporting;
• Serves as the primary point of contact with the FSA and HVCC Foundation for financial activities including: deposits, withdrawals, and private grant activities;
• Utilizes financial management systems designated by HVCC and/or SUNY in the regular conduct of all work and develops and maintains P.C. based computerized reports and databases that support departmental functions.
• Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the center’s budget;
• Responsible for preparation, completion and accuracy of all financial reports including but not limited to the Financial Plan and monthly Expenditure Reports and other reports as may be directed.
• Completes journal transactions, budget revisions, and reconciliation of accounts;
• In conjunction with the HVCC Finance Department, monitors, maintains, adjusts, and updates the chart of accounts for EOC;
• Responsible for center purchasing, procurement, and expenditure tracking;
• Supervises departmental staff assigned including responsibility for hiring, training, assignment, scheduling, evaluation and discipline;
• Plans, organizes and supervises the work of staff, including assignment of priority, special work, and daily/normal work assignments;
• Provides necessary in-service training and staff development relative to departmental functions and responsibilities;
• Maintains records, compiles data, analyzes information and conducts financial analysis and reporting.
• Develops, recommends, documents, implements, enforces, and monitors systems, policies, processes, procedures, guidelines, protocols, practices, controls and accountability mechanisms that result in effective functioning and continuous improvement of departmental functions and center operations;
• Conducts and reports on internal audits and follows through on actions to correct and prevent reoccurrence of any deficiencies observed;
• Develops and manages relationships that support fiduciary responsibilities;
• Promotes and maintains positive communications and interactions with both internal and external constituents including staff and students.
• Works cooperatively and assists other EOC staff and functional units in the development, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of departmental operating, grant, or contract related budgets;
• Works collaboratively and in conjunction with EOC staff to advance the objectives of the center and on matters that improve center effectiveness;
• Reports regularly to the Vice President/Executive Director on all departmental and financial matters and keeps other EOC management staff informed as appropriate;
• When directed, may assist other center staff and/or the director’s office with matters that fall outside of budget and finance functions.
• Attends internal and external meetings related to both departmental and center functions;
This is a 12-month full-time position with a salary of $65,000.
Hudson Valley offers a competitive benefit package which includes low cost health insurance and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of February 13, 2022.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer