SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Associate to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences. The Administrative Associate to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences provides office management and administrative services support to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences. The Associate works in a strictly confidential relationship with senior management. This position provides assistance to college officials who manage compliance requirements related to accreditation, assessment, and continuous quality improvement of teaching and learning.
This position reports to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences. It is classified as Management Confidential.
- Associate’s Degree in business or office management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of clerical/administrative experience in office management, business management, project management or related field working for a senior administrative officer
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels, skilled in conflict resolution.
- Proficiency in various software packages including Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google mail, Dropbox, Internet search, and Jenzabar 1.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Experience with community college health science programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as liaison with administrative and academic officers at the college, as well as faculty, staff, students and community members.
- Coordinates telephone and mail inquires for the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences, determines the nature of the inquiry and refers to appropriate person or office for action.
- Manages calendar and schedules meetings, engagements and coordinates travel arrangements including cash advances, travel vouchers, and room reservations for the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences.
- Coordinate activities across the unit functions by acting as liaison with unit staff, answering questions, exchanging information, providing assistance and advice, and clarifying policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings and/or conferences and if required, briefs appropriate staff on subject matter before meetings.
- Manages departmental files and inventory of supplies and equipment, and order office supplies as necessary.
- Clarifies and interprets policies and procedures and assures policies and procedures are available for and sent to affected individuals and programs.
- Collects all information used as a basis for reports and memoranda, prepare summaries and reports of various phases of the area’s programs.
- Prepares sophisticated computations through the design of reports, databases and charts to summarize statistical data for the college.
- Prepares confidential correspondence, letters, memoranda, reports, and other materials for the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences.
- Prepares and maintains documents for health sciences admission processes.
- Prepares and maintains confidential records on divisional, professional and classified personnel and students.
- Updates and supervises publication of policy and materials produced by the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences.
- Maintains an accurate file of clinical affiliation agreements, articulation agreements, and partnership agreements. Tracks agreements to ensure that they remain current; tracks signatures and distribute finalized copies.
- Coordinates the college’s advisory committee process; collects and maintains agendas and minutes, and distributes the annual meeting and reporting calendars.
- Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and prepares periodic reports for management, as requested.
- Assists with committees and at meetings, as requested.
- Performs other reasonable and appropriate duties as might be assigned by the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences.
DEVELOPMENT OF THE OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF LIBERAL ARTS, SCIENCES, AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Participates in developing unit goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists to establish unit measurements that support the accomplishment of the college’s strategic goals.
- Assists in preparing and administering the annual budget.
- Reviews and recommends work methods and procedures to improve unit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary and to represent the unit, as requested.
- Maintains and updates unit information on the Jenzabar system.
- Assists in the development and updating of the unit sections of the Web site.
- Performs other reasonable duties as might be assigned by the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences, the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs or the President.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- 24 Vacation days annually
- 18 Sick days annually
- 6 Personal days annually
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan - flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
*COVID-19 Vaccination is required*
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will begin February 10, 2022. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume/CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.