Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher education situated in the heart of the new Egyptian administrative capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for Canadian Universities.
Ryerson University Cairo Campus hosted by UofCanada in Egypt is preparing for the official launch of the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) programs and The Creative school programs in September 2022. UofCanada invites professional Registrars to submit their applications for the position of Ryerson Cairo Campus Registrar.
Ryerson Cairo Campus Registrar will be reporting directly to the President of the UofCanada, Position holder will be responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the Admission & Registration, providing day-to-day leadership and direction with respect to policies, practices, systems, and operations Admissions, Academic Records, & Registration. The Registrar is responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records and working closely with the Ryerson Toronto Registrar. The Registrar also ensures the accurate exchange of academic information between the UofCanada and Ryerson University.
The roles for these positions are expected to excel in accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and advice in relation to policies and procedures regarding students and services for students.
- Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the University's mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as those of the IBC.
- Establishes in conjunction with IBC mobility opportunities for those students interested in studying at the IBC in Canada
- Assists faculty, staff, and students with the interpretation of academic regulations, and registration and progression policies.
- Meets with students and parents, faculty, and staff, as required, for issues resolution.
- Serves as a liaison to applicable external agencies, internal departments, and applicable educational institutions representing the University
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of accurate statistical reports in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists with applicable internal and external quality audits.
- Planning, organizing, maintaining, and managing the processes and operations of general admission and enrollment services for the University; managing the activities of the admissions, and registration.
- Collaboratively working with other departments in planning, implementing, administering, and evaluating projects and services impacting University operations from admission, and registration perspectives.
- Monitoring compliance with Partner Canadian University regulations and ensuring that the University has systems and procedures in place to maintain compliance as required. Evaluating and communicating the impact of potential regulatory changes on the University
- Implementing policies and procedures for the award of guaranteed entrance scholarships for students upon admission and the award of Academic Excellence Awards for continuing students.
- Oversees all operations in the registration process (record creation, course schedule building, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, grade processing, transcript issuance, student enrollment verification, and military service waivers)
- Oversees all operations in the transfer credit process (evaluation of transcripts, posting of credit, processing and implementing of transfer credit rules)
- Responsible for the development of the Academic Calendar, and updating of the Registrar’s Office website
- Responsible for the beginning of term processing in SIS (building of semesters and sessions and activating students
- Responsible for end of semester processing in SIS (include/exclude processing, academic standing processes, and communication with students related to academic sanction)
- Serves on various University committees and advisory groups
- Participates in Convocation activities; certifies with the International Branch Campus all student record documents related to degree completion and receives degree parchments from the mother institution.
- Responds to and resolves student complaints, and grievances
- Receives formal academic appeals, and ensures adjudication before the University’s Academic Appeals Committee
- Any other duties may be required related to the job.
- Holder of bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree is preferable or obtainment of professional training courses/diplomas.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience managing a related department.
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to develop, recommend, implement, and monitor policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Developing a variety of reports related to departmental activities, including statistical analysis.
- Evaluating assigned programmatic areas for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Working with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Ryerson University and UofCanada are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Campus. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, but Canadians and permanent residents' applications will be given priority.
Formal applicants for the available position should send a cover letter, including CV, the names of at least two references, and write in the subject of the email Registrar: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
UofCanada will be providing expats for this position special package including competitive take-home salary and benefits of a separate fully furnished accommodation, air tickets, medical & Health insurance coverage, as well as local transportation from and to work.