Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ12320 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is seeking a Coordinator, Student Financial Aid R2T4 – Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for weekly non-attendance, grade change reports, & student emails.
- Manage Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) program Official and Unofficial Withdrawals (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Executive), ECWs, Suspensions, Death Notifications, All F’s Report, and end of term processing.
- Counsel student and staff on ramifications of potential dropped classes.
- Support student attendance data analysis.
- Responsible for weekly grade change reports and IP grades processing.
- Act as a liaison between the Financial Aid and Registrar’s Office and manage Clearinghouse reports and enrollment reporting to NSLDS.
- Serve as liaison to the Controller’s Office.
- Research, implement, and manage attendance technology and serve as liaison to Canvas Team in OIT.
- Responsible for the monthly and year-end reconciliations of Federal programs.
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of all Title IV Federal financial aid funds in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Work with fund managers to resolve rejected COD records for Federal programs in conjunctions with reconciliation.
- Coordination of G5 drawdown with fund managers and the Controller’s Office.
- Monitor compliance with Cash Management.
- Assist the Controller’s Office with Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) report.
- Maintain up to date Policies & Procedures for all areas of responsibilities.
- Participates in professional development and remains current in the Financial Aid profession by attending workshops, webinars, and conferences.
- Support front desk/phone room during peak time and as needed.
- Manage and monitor the Mandatory Course Entry Quiz.
- Assist in strategic cost saving budget initiatives of E&G funds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Customer service, financial aid and accounting experience are preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$43,000 - $45,000College or Department:
Student Financial AidLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This position requires attendance of meetings and/or perform presentations on evenings and weekends and occasional Saturdays as required.Application Deadline:
2022-03-29-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result to disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.