MTS Pipefitter, Campus Facilities Management, 28213 Location:
UMKC Hospt Hill Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Campus Facilities Management, University of Missouri-Kansas City
Nature of Work
Perform skilled work on a journey level in the installation, maintenance, service and repair of all components of plumbing and steam systems and equipment. All work is subject to spot checking and inspection for conformance to specifications and accepted standards of the trade.
Install, repair, and maintain water, air, vacuum, gas, hot water, distilled water, acid, and chemical distribution lines and systems; storm and sanitary waste lines and systems; steam and condensate return distribution lines and systems, all ranging from standard systems to specialized installations. May be required to inspect, test, service, and maintain water softening equipment.Cut, thread, and join pipe. May perform soldering, lead wiping, acetylene, and electric cutting and welding. Insulate and paint lines and equipment as required. Drill holes in walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Clean, maintain, safely operate and properly store all tools and equipment.
- Observe and enforce all safety requirements related to equipment operation.
- May perform or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.Other duties as assigned
Direct supervision is received from a designated supervisor. Oral and written instructions are supplemented by plans, drawings or blueprints.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Four years actual work experience and training which may include equivalent of apprenticeship or completion of vocational training, in the trade.
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, drawings, and plumbing diagrams.
- Skill in maintenance and use of tools, equipment and materials of applicable trade.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Grasp, lift, maneuver, rotate, and otherwise use small to large trades tools and equipment.
- Grasp, lift, carry, and set down heavy objects (50-80 lbs.).
- Grasp, turn, twist, pull, push, lift, and otherwise move equipment, controls, parts, etc.
- Visually assess maintenance, construction and repair needs.
- Climb and work from ladders, stairs, and scaffolding.
- A valid driver's license may be required
Backflow Preventer Device Certification
Full Time/Part Time
Full time, benefits eligible
Commensuate with experience and education.
7:30a - 4:00p Monday through Friday, some nights and weekends required as needed.
Open until filled.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
Note, you must provide a description of job duties for each Work Experience entry on your application. Please carefully review the application instructions section of our Careers page prior to submitting your materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.