Customer Service Coordinator, Registration & Records - 75139 Location:
UMKC Volker Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Office of Registration and Records
To perform varied and responsible administrative oversight of programs and services within the Registration & Records Office. Duties may include but not limited to:
- Functional lead for Registration and Records customer service team.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons in-person, over the phone, zoom, or email.
- Answer calls on queue phone line.
- Assist with monitoring office phone queue coverage.
- Monitor and answer Registrar emails.
- Leadership for the front desk of the office including organization of all transcript processes through the National Student Clearinghouse, microfiche searches, and transcript troubleshooting.
- Primary leadership for processing student deferment requests and certifications of enrollment.
- Organization of the refund petition process for students and university administrators.
- Assist with testing software upgrades and new functionality to software systems such as Pathway (PeopleSoft), National Student Clearinghouse, and Perceptive Content.
- Uphold and perform operating procedures for academic policies, including verifying appropriate approvals, collecting and validating documentation, and conduct data entry.
- During peak times assist with processing add/drop forms, grade changes, GPA adjustment, etc. to ensure adequate turnaround time
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate for this position will work closely with the student service team, the assistant registrar, academic advisors in the academic units, and peers in other enrollment management offices.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessar
Full Time/Part Time
Full-time, Benefits Elgible
$16.92 - $19.46 per hour commensurate with exerience and education
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
February 6, 2022
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
Note, you must provide a description of job duties for each Work Experience entry on your application. Please carefully review the application instructions section of our Careers page prior to submitting your materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity Diversity, equity and inclusion are central to the UMKC mission as an urban-serving institution. Kansas City is a particularly diverse city, including African, African American, Asian, German, Irish, Italian, Latino, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, communities. Such ethnic diversity, in addition to our thriving neighborhoods of the Westside, Northeast Kansas City and the Eastside, fosters creativity, connection and innovation, which is showcased across the region. Major attractions such as the Annual Ethnic Enrichment Festival, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, the Filipino Cultural Center, the American Jazz Museum, Guadalupe Centers and Mattie Rhodes and Kansas City Irish Fest are a small sample of the many ways our diverse city enriches us. Slavic and Native American
For the reasons enumerated above, UMKC’s strategic plan prioritizes our commitment to multiculturalism, globalism, diversity and inclusion. The university’s values call upon its faculty, staff, students and community to position themselves as global citizens who seek out, embrace and celebrate the many benefits of diversity. UMKC received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award in 2019 in recognition of our continued commitment to equity and inclusion. Such commitment is demonstrated across teaching, service and research. We welcome applicants to share in our commitment to these core values and know that you will quickly understand the beauty of calling Kansas City your home.
.Please visit these pages to learn more about UMKC’s engagement in diversity, equity and inclusion
Roos Advocate for Community Change
The Division of Diversity and Inclusion
Multicultural Student Affairs
Benefit Eligibility Why UMKC?
We offer full benefits that start day one, generous paid time off, paid winter break, and continuing education benefits. Visit our Total Rewards
page to learn more. Compensation Calculator
This calculator is a decision-making tool for prospective employees considering a career with the University of Missouri (UM) System. Compensation is bigger than just the salary you earn. It includes how much the university subsidizes your insurance, what kinds of retirement plans are available to you, the number of paid leave days you can earn, and more. Use this calculator
to help compare your current compensation with what UM can offer. Also, explore the Total Rewards website
to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource.