Financial Aid Assistant Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and two years experience in customer service.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel, Banner and other software/databases
- Ability to interact positively with diverse groups of people with various backgrounds and interests
- Experience in Financial Aid or related field
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service : Greet customers, answer phones, and respond to students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni with general financial aid questions. Answer 50-75% of questions and determine if customer need is one that can be handled on the frontline or if the next level of attention is needed. Review and inform customers of status of financial aid. Must have ability to multitask, maintain high energy and provide dynamic customer service.
- Administrative : Answer and route incoming calls with high energy and friendly voice. Respond to emails received in the financial aid accounts. Assist students and faculty with Banner Self Service (POUNCE) and online form questions.
- Data Entry : Download and verify application information. Collect and route or process incoming documents. Scan and index incoming documents as appropriate. Assist with student notifications of missing documents, outstanding balances, and missing requirements. Provide information regarding types of financial aid and qualifications required.
- Other Duties : Assist with orientation and registration. Complete surveys in conjunction with the office of Institutional Effectiveness. Work with the Business office as needed. All other duties/tasks as assigned.
Job Summary Responsible for providing excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and administration regarding all aspects of Financial Aid. Serve as the initial contact for students, providing information, and guidance concerning procedures for students and parents with regard to the Financial Aid process. Maintain confidentiality of information, knowledge of the consolidated campuses, and financial aid basics.Shift/Salary Shift: 8-5 (M-F) Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: - Until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.